Field Lighting Technician
Do you like knowing your work makes a difference in peoples’ lives? Do you like travel and a dynamic work environment? Are you a hands-on person who enjoys seeing the output of your work? If so, you might be the right candidate to be a LeVeck Lighting Technician! LeVeck Lighting has a 40-year history as a leader in the lighting products and service industry, and we are looking to grow our team.
As a Field Technician you will be the face of LeVeck Lighting. This position involves weekly regional travel. This person will be responsible for the upgrading of lights in commercial and industrial environments, adhering to ALL safety policies (Company and OSHA guidelines), and professionally with customers. Duties include electrical troubleshooting, resolving customer issues, parts ordering, vehicle maintenance, and maintenance of facilities at specific locations. The Field Technician position has a great amount of exposure to customers and vendors, making excellent technical skills, as well as interpersonal skills, a requirement. A Field Technician has the potential for promotion to Field Lead.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and repairs buildings' electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches, fuses, light bulbs, ballasts, and or fixtures.
- Operates bucket trucks and other lift devices.
- Able to read electrical schematics for troubleshooting and installation of new equipment.
- Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters and voltmeters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Understands, adheres to, and always enforces all correct safety procedures including, but not limited to safety and cleanliness of work area, and respect for customer sites.
- Inspects electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Work safely from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Drive safely and to adhere to all traffic laws.
- Provide regular feedback to Sales Reps, Project Manager, etc. regarding any performance and field maintenance issues, as well as product and vehicle issues.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Completes administrative duties when required, such as incident reports, service logs, work order details, customer sign-off sheets, and site documentation.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, ballasts and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Must own or obtain hand tools and small power tools by first paycheck.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Employee Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent with technical electrical coursework.
- Electrical Field service or lighting experience is highly preferred but not required.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Computer software skills: Apple iPad, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel. Must be capable of reporting time and work performed through web-based application.
- Able to work with a team and independently.
- Desire to travel. Typical travel is Monday – Friday afternoon/evening. Weekend work is rare. All-shift availability is required. We do take into consideration Work-Rest Ratios and will never demand back-to-back shift work.
- Flexible to adapt to same-day and next-day changes to project scope and locations.
- Ability to communicate in various ways: phone, text, email, face-to-face.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, unassisted.
- Ability to think clearly and logically through complex situations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation and drug screening test, along with a review of Bureau of Motor Vehicles records.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
If you are interested in this position, please fill out our application.