Do you like knowing your work makes a difference in peoples’ lives? Do you like travel and a dynamic work environment? Are you a hands-on person who enjoys leading a team? If so, you might be the right candidate to be a Field Supervisor
The Field Supervisor is the face of LeVeck Lighting. This position involves weekly regional travel. This person will be responsible for a team of lighting technicians completing projects of upgrading of lights in commercial and industrial environments. This position must make sure that your team on site is adhering to ALL safety policies (Company and OSHA guidelines), and working professionally with customers. Duties include electrical troubleshooting, resolving customer issues, and maintenance of facilities at specific locations. The Field Supervisor has a great amount of exposure to customers and vendors, making excellent technical skills, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills, a requirement.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all safety procedures are observed.
- Lead projects with team driven concept with the focus on the successful execution of the complete project.
- Serve as the main point of contact on project site including managing communications with the customer’s on-site manager. Communicate any issues or concerns to the Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Coach and mentor technicians on-the-job on safety, quality and efficiency objectives. Provide supplemental training and direction to the technicians as needed.
- Lead pre-departure inspection of product, equipment, tools, supplies on project vehicles and trailers.
- Assign work to technicians to meet required project timing. Participate in installation activities as needed to keep project timing.
- Coordinate flow of new parts, uninstalled parts, packaging material, etc. to ensure most efficient execution of the project.
- Complete daily quality inspections to ensure installations are consistent with customer and company standards.
- Ensure end-of-shift tasks such as plugging in lifts and clean-up of work area are completed.
- Provide daily progress reports to Project Manager and sales representative.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork and documentation such as daily logs, pictures, forms, etc. in a timely manner.
- Support development of training materials and share best-practices from field project experience with Project Manager.
- Drive safely and to adhere to all traffic laws.
- Completes administrative duties when required, such as incident
reports, service logs, work order details, customer sign-off sheets, and
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, ballasts
and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Must own or obtain hand tools and small power tools by first paycheck.
Education, Experience, and Employee Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent with technical electrical coursework.
- Electrical Field service or lighting experience is highly preferred but not required.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Computer software skills: Apple iPad, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel. Must be capable of reporting time and work performed through web-based application.
- Able to work with a team and independently.
- Desire to travel. Typical travel is Monday – Friday afternoon/evening. Weekend work is rare. All-shift availability is required. We do take into consideration Work-Rest Ratios and will never demand back-to-back shift work.
- Flexible to adapt to same-day and next-day changes to project scope and locations.
- Ability to communicate in various ways: phone, text, email, face-to-face.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, unassisted.
- Ability to think clearly and logically through complex situations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation and drug screening test, along with a review of Bureau of Motor Vehicles records.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $18.00 /hour, plus project bonuses
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
If you are interested in this position, please fill out our application.